If you are thinking about buying a house, Growing marijuana Perhaps you are wondering where to begin. You can grow plants either from seeds or from cuttings. You can decide between cuttings and seeds by looking at the pros and disadvantages of each.
- A cutting from an existing plant is what clones it. You know exactly what you are getting. If you clone a female plant, you get a female plant.
- Although it is technically possible to clone an autoflowering strain, the result won’t be the same. You can buy seeds to grow autoflowering varieties.
- Unless you buy feminized seed, which have a high probability of turning into female plants, it is impossible to tell by just looking at a single seed whether it is a male or a female plant. After planting a few seeds, you will need to wait until the plant can be identified as male or female.
- The male plants can then be disposed of.
- Also, you can’t see the strain of a seed to determine its origin, so you don’t know what seed it will produce.
- Seeds are generally more vigorous than plants grown from cuttings. To revive the plant’s genetics, some growers may even grow cuttings.
How to obtain seeds or cuttings
In areas where cannabis is legal for personal use, you can often find cannabis seeds for sale in dispensaries. Some growers may also sell cuttings/clones. For ten seeds, you can expect to pay between $50-100. If you are looking for cuttings or seeds, be sure to check the labels.These are the key characteristics to look for when purchasing seeds or cuttings.
- Feminized seeds Most seeds sold in reputable stores are feminized. These seeds are specially bred to produce female plants.
- Photoperiod and auto-flowering: Plants that are auto-flowering have a shorter flowering time, so they can be used in photoperiod situations. Consider auto-flowering plants if you are just starting out.
- Genetic background If the seeds are from a known strain like O.G. It is important to state the genetic background for Kush, Bubble Gum, and cross-breeds.
- Blend The mix represents the proportion of each species — sativa (indica), and ruderalis. All auto-flower strains have some proportion of ruderalis. This is responsible for the plant’s auto-flowering nature.
- Indoor yield: The percentage of bud per square foot of plant grown indoors.
- Yield outdoors The weight of the bud per plant after drying when grown outdoors.
- Height of plants indoors: Lower than when grown outside.
- Height of Plants outdoors: Less than when they are grown indoors.
- When to Harvest: After approximately three weeks, the flower should be ready for harvest.
- Potency Percentages CBD/THC
- Effect The kind of experience you can have when you eat product from the plant.
Check out the laws governing cannabis purchase
Before purchasing cannabis seeds and cuttings, make sure you research the country, state and province laws regarding the purchase, sale, possession, transport, and transportation of seeds and cuttings across national borders. The rules and regulations are varied:
- Although some European countries prohibit growing cannabis, it is legal to grow seed. Although you are allowed to consume and buy cannabis seeds, they can’t be used to grow it. Germany and other European countries have their own laws regarding seed.
- Canada is a country where cannabis can be legally shipped across state lines.
- You can buy cannabis seeds in the U.S. from certain dispensaries, or other locations, provided they remain in the same state. Non-licensed growers may be prohibited in some states. Although it is illegal to transport or ship seeds across state and international borders, there are a few trusted online seed retailers that can help you get your seeds.
Buy seeds online to have them delivered to your home. Do your research and review the store to verify its track record.
The treatment of cuttings is similar to that of seeds in legalized places. You might be able pick up or deliver them at certain outlets or dispensaries for a small fee. They can’t cross U.S. borders or state lines. Individual plants can be purchased and mixed and matched. Prices will vary depending on plant size.